Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Monday 3 March 2014

It's beginning to feel like spring

Well the sun is shining at least. In my garden primroses and crocuses ...


... and above my desk, a spring banner




A couple of weeks ago I went to a workshop entitled 'Quilt as you Go', at a new shop which opened last autumn in Halifax (Yorkshire) called Fabbadashery. I didn't really know what to expect but I made this cute little needlebook.



The idea is that you choose fabrics which don't match, team them with embroidery thread which clashes and then embellish to your heart's content. I added a little pocket on the inside of the front cover to hold a needle threader. I shall make little fabric labels to tell me which needles are kept on each page.





I've also been stitching lace - I knew you wouldn't be surprised :-)

Isabella is almost finished. It's difficult to tell from the photo but she and Magda are around 35cm tall so they will make a striking pair mounted on grey fabric in black frames.

I've also been hem stitching napkins for my daughter - for the past few months but they're finally finished. There are six in all, two of each of three colours, a dusky pink, slate blue and a dusty purple. Hope she will be pleased with them!

A group of us (five in all) from my Embroiderers Guild branch have begun a travelling book. Each of us owns an A5 book and we've started our own books off this month by making a cover, a title page and our signature piece. Next Monday at the monthly meeting we will pass our book onto the next person in the group and they too will stitch a piece to fit into the book. The left hand page holds the inspiration for the piece - which might be anything ... a poem, a collage, a piece of embroidery ...
My signature piece had to be needlelace didn't it?

And finally ...


my 1/4" scale stationmaster's cottage is at last beginning to take shape. Lots of furniture to make yet but the exterior is almost finished.








No comments:

Post a Comment