Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Wednesday 26 March 2014

A trip to London

I'm just back from a trip to London visiting my son and daughter and wanted to share with you a few of the things that inspired me whilst I was there. It was a busy week but great fun. My daughter and I went to the Spring Knitting and Stitching Show at Olympia and of course I had to add to my stash.


Some wooden block stamps from Colouricious and some beautiful pure linen threads - two neutrals and a bright citrus yellow, which just reminded me of the daffodils blooming in my garden.

There were also hand dyed pure silk threads - these feel gorgeous and the sheen on them is incredible. Silk ribbons in shades of lilac and lavender, and a piece of lovely floral printed linen to make cushions for my bed.

My son and I visited the Beyond Dorado exhibition at the British Museum but no photographs of that of course - or of the exhibition of David Bailey's photographs at the National Portrait Gallery which we went to later in the day.

We took a walk through Nunhead Cemetery - a beautifully peaceful place with a little chapel in the centre, now damaged by fire, but still with some stunning architecture.



and another church in the centre of Covent Garden with memorials to lots of actors and other theatre celebrities of the past - more inspiring carvings here, which may one day find themselves translated into stitch.




Yesterday two friends and I visited the studio of a wonderful local textile artist Anne Brooke. Check out her work here if you're not already aware of it. Lots of paper and stitched pieces based on seed pods and dandelion heads. We're joining her workbook workshop in May and really looking forward to that.

No actual stitching to show you this week I'm afraid but I do hope that these few images inspire you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment