Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Sunday 21 October 2012

A sewing cabinet


I've made a little progress on my 12th scale sewing room - still no walls yet though, as you can see. Life feels to have been pretty hectic recently and I've just not managed to find the time to go down into town to buy foam board to make them. They'll happen eventually.

However, the table now has fabric draped across it and piled underneath it, the dressmaker's model has a coat of paint, and the sewing cabinet is filling up.

I rubbed the paintwork down a little on the outside of the cabinet to make it look a little more worn, and then lined the doors.

There are balls of wool and a jar of tiny buttons on the top shelf and rolls and bales of fabric on the middle shelf. The bottom shelf holds books and magazines.

This small drawer is filled with knitting patterns

and there's more fabric in the bottom drawer.

I've also been making a lace bedspread - not quite finished yet but enough for you to see I think.

This one is destined for the bed in the retreat.





6 comments:

  1. Bellissimi lavori ...mi sono innamorata dei gomitoli ...sono un amore ...!!!!
    Complimenti ...!!!
    Baci
    Elvira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing room will be wonderful. I love the cupboard with all the fantastic details. Wow your lace bedspread is stunning I love it.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is coming along beautifully and the lace bedspread is wow,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judith, What a sweet cabinet you've created. This is adorable and I love it!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cabinet is wonderful. Your sewing room will be fantastic.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Los primeros pasos para su escena de costura son fantásticos, felicidades:)

    ReplyDelete