Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Sunday 26 August 2012

A bargello workshop

A group of twenty of us ladies from the Embroiderers Guild and  beyond met up yesterday to learn how to make a bargello needle case. I've done canvas work before but never any bargello. These wonderful zig-zag designs are such fun to do and, once you've got the first row in, quite easy to follow. I was enjoying it so much that I just continued on after dinner yesterday evening and should get it completed later today.





I also did more to my crazy patchwork block earlier this week and I think that this is almost finished now. I've posted a photo in SharonB's group album to get feedback from her on what else I might need to add but, having started out being very unsure about the whole crazy quilting process, I have to say that I quite like this block now. Maybe I just need to add a little something into that plain cream patch in the centre? Then I just need to decide what I'm going to use it for.

Our Monday Lacers' group have been working on a group project - a dresden plate sampler of gros point stitches and techniques for decorating the cordonnettes (the edges of the finished piece). There are six of us altogether and three of us have completed our plates. It's lovely  to see how different they all are. This is mine.

And finally, I did a tiny bit more work on the hardanger pages of my sampler book.

Not a bad week's stitching!


2 comments:

  1. I love bargello, and the colours are so pretty. The crazy patchwork, hardanger and lace are all beautiful too. Your life is so busy with needlework! I have nominated you for the 'One Lovely Blog Award'. Hugs, Sandie. http://SnippetsfrommyStudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judith,
    Your CQ is awesome! I still can't finish mine, :((( No time for anything. Love the colors in Bargello. Wonderful job! Natalia

    ReplyDelete