Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Saturday 3 March 2012

The beds are made



Thursday was the day when the Welsh celebrate their patron saint - St David. I tell you this because once a year, despite having been born and bred and lived all my life in Yorkshire, I am adopted as an honorary Welsh woman and attend a St David's Day dinner with my good friend who is Welsh. The dinner was yesterday evening and I have to tell you that we had an excellent time!

There was good food - a three course dinner with leek and potato soup (of course) followed by a number of options for main course, including a delicious vegetarian option for me, followed by lemon tart, chocolate roulade or pavlova for dessert. I had the pavlova - trying hard to fool myself into believing that it was the healthy option because it was stuffed full of fresh fruits.

The evening ended with entertainment by a Welsh speaking vicar who had the most amazing singing voice - and a sing song for us all to join in with songs in both Welsh and English. The bunch of daffodils in the picture was given to me by my friend for having gone with her, though I assured her that it was no hardship at all.

Now ... onto minis ... I've finally finished the beds for the Georgian manor house. The first fits in the master bedroom and is dressed in silk and lace. I may yet pile some cushions on top of the pillows but for now this room is finished.




The second is the daughter's bed and this sits in the attic bedroom/nursery, which is not quite finished yet so no photographs of that room today. 
I've been painting some metal ornaments and bits and pieces for the pantry and kitchen so this house will soon be ready for me to work on the electrics and then it can be moved from the workshop into the dining room where it will be displayed. I admit that I'm not looking forward to doing the electrical work. I find it so difficult in this scale, but it must be done. Once it is I'll take you on the grand tour.

But for now I'll leave you with more daffodils - in my garden this time. I love this time of year!!!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful beds. I like the daughter's bed.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the story about St Davids Day, Judith. The beds you've made are beautiful. You wrote "this scale" are the beds in 1:12? Or 1:24 or even smaller: 1:48?? Great job!!
    Have a nice weekend, hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beds are beautiful. I like the blue bedcover.
    Hugs from Craftland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ale piękne... O takim różowym łóżku marzę. One są cudowne. Uściski!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debe ser muy difícil trabajar en una escala menor a la 1:12 sin embargo las camas te han quedado muy bonitas. Un saludo, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judith, what an amazing job you have done on the beds! They are delicate and beautiful - just so lovely. Hugs, Sandie

    ReplyDelete