Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Sunday 22 January 2012

Charity shop finds

I called in at one of the many charity shops when I was in town the other day where I know that they have a rummage bin of old home textiles - lace and embroidered pieces along with crochet doileys and the like. I thought you might like to see what I bought. None of these pieces cost more than a couple of pounds.

This little piece of patchwork is actually the perfect size to make a 1/12th scale table topper so I'll tidy up the outer edge and use it in the retreat.

I never learned to do tatting, but that's what this beautiful old doiley is - beautiful sitting on the sideboard with a small planter on top ... or I may use it as a centrepiece in some piece of embroidery - maybe applique it onto the front of a bag. What do you think?

There was a whole set of these chrocheted mats - two large oval ones like this and two small round ones. Again, those flowers may end up decorating a bag.

I fell in love with this pretty little embroidered mat with lace inserts - the price? 50p!!

And this sweet embroidered napkin was the same price.


This long table runner is pretty worn but there are lots of usable motifs here ...

 These circular motifs will make lovely lace tablecloths for my 12th scale tea rooms

 and there is well over a yard of this beautifully worked edging to remove and attach to my full size household linens.

Oh, and by the way, the front is attached to the manor house.


I was planning to show you the (almost) completed kitchen but the photos have turned out to be too blurry so I'll try again another day.

4 comments:

  1. Judith! You are the Winner of my 300 Followers Giveaway! Congratulations! Please, contact me at scarletsails@live.com, I need your address to ship you a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice buy. The patchwork is great.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your buys are beautiful. Lucky you I love the mat and the lovely doiley.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the linen and am pleased that you will be giving it a new least of life. And the front of the Manor House is magnificent - what a lovely house!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete