Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Tuesday 11 October 2011

What a nightmare!

There will be no minis this week at all as I'm having new windows fitted and the workmen seem to have taken over the entire house. Willow is hiding under the settee and won't come out for anything. I've tried enticing him with toys and treats and I can't reach him so there he will have to stay. He's a house cat so I'm scared that he will jump out through one of the holes in the wall in his panic and I'll lose him. I did think of putting him in the cattery but he hates that too so we'll just have to tough it out together.

In the meantime I'm getting on with some stitching so have photos of more needle lace to show you. The finished butterfly ...







... and a leaf. This is going to be a part of an autumn leaves embroidery in needle lace and goldwork eventually. All in good time. A second leaf is almost finished.

3 comments:

  1. New windows are good! It'll be worth it in the end. I hope Willow stays safe and doesn't run away.
    The needle work is incredible.
    hugs,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful lace! I have done similar in machine embroidery but to do it by hand is always so much more satisfying. Poor Willow - I hope he stays inside and doesn't escape through those open windows - they must be almost finished by now though, and will be great to have.
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judith I know I am going to enjoy your blog.
    If you look at the tutorial I have for making a Christmas Tree skirt, you will be able to use that if you can crochet on your bed linen. I have so much to do I don't know what to do first.
    Thanks for sharing...love your pictures

    ReplyDelete