Welcome!

Thanks for calling by. I hope you enjoy what you see, feel free to leave a comment and call again to catch up on my news.

Monday 30 May 2011

Progress on the pavilion

Well, I'm obviously going to finish the build on the pavilion now I've started as it's going together really quickly. I really should be getting on with the manor house but I hit a snag with the lighting and this looked like a lot more fun than struggling with 1/24th scale light bulbs and wires the thickness of cotton thread.

You can't really see the colour too well from this picture but the doors and windows are painted a soft green. I purposely didn't do a great job with the painting and then I distressed them further with some dark brown paint as I want the outside to look a little worn and scruffy.

You can see the exposed bricks on this one at the top corner of the window.

This is the front exterior. The plasterwork needs dirtying up a little yet but I'm getting there.

And finally the interior.

The building has turned out to be larger than I'd anticipated. Yes, I know I should have checked the measurements before I bought it, but I didn't ... so now I'm wondering where on earth I'm going to put it on display as there's also a garden, which will just have to go alongside it, rather than in front.

No comments:

Post a Comment